China State Construction Engineering Corporation Limited (CSCEC) is China’s largest construction and real estate conglomerate. It is a public company listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and ranked 37th among Fortune Global 500 companies in 2015.
Specializing in building construction projects, real estate development and investment, infrastructure construction and investment, as well as design and surveying operations. The Company’s main business activities comprise construction of residential projects, undertaking of municipal public works, road works and building construction works; undertaking of airports, housing, roads, bridges, water supply, medical facilities, hotels and tourism, government projects and sports facilities and other projects; real estate development activities; construction of highway, railway, municipal, energy, petrochemical, water, environmental protection and telecommunication projects and other infrastructure works, as well as architectural design, urban planning, engineering investigation, municipal public work design business, among others. Established in both domestic and international markets, China Construction operates in more than 20 countries and regions around the world.
The Company continued to enhance its infrastructure investment, construction and operation standards through high-end integration, investment/financing and business model innovations, revolving around the three major national strategies: the “Belt and Road”, “Jing-Jin-Ji Integrated Development” and “Yantze River Economic Belt”. During 2015, the value of newly executed infrastructure contracts exceeded RMB300 billion for the first time and hit RMB 314.0 billion, up 26.7% YoY. The Company has devoted itself to creating a fully integrated investment platform for “new urbanization” construction initiatives focusing on ten selected tier-1 and 2 cities.
In international contracting, China Construction is the countries largest international contractor and also the first to launch international contracting in China. With the encouragement of the Chinese government and financing assistance from the Export-Import Bank of China, CSCEC has taken increasingly bold steps as a builder and investor of overseas projects. By the end of 2015, its total contract value for overseas business was US$80.7 billion and total turnover of US$52.4 billion. China Construction has so far completed over 5,600 projects in some 116 countries and regions around the world.
Major Earnings in 2015 were: total revenue of RMB 880.6 billion, up 10.1% YoY. Specifically, revenue from the housing construction business was RMB 588.3 billion, up 6.0% YoY; revenue of the infrastructure business was RMB 141.4 billion, up 19% YoY; and that of the real estate business was RMB 142.4 billion, up 15% YoY.
Recent International contracts in include:
- US$ 2.89 billion Pakistani Karachi-Lahore Motorway
- Egyptian New Capital (~US$ 2.7 billion)
- St James Suites in New Zealand, with the contract value of NZD130 million.
- Renovation Works of 67 Municipal Roads in Libreville of Gabon.
- Nairobi BULK Water Supply Pipeline, with the contract value of approximately USD 70 million.
- CSCEC Middle East has been award the management facility project in Kuwait Sabah Salim University City.
- Eastern Technological University of Panama Project with the contract value of US$176 million.
- Oran Shopping Mall Project in Algeria with the value of US$99 million.
- Concrete Supply Contract for a Package of Projects of China-Kazakhstan Khorgos Border Cooperation Center.
- Crude Oil Refinery Plant in Lagos, Nigeria, with daily processing capacity of 400,000 barrels.
- Indonesia Jakartar, Twin Tower Project.
- Municipal road construction project of Nkayi City of Bouneza, Republic of Congo.
- Commercial apartment development: 99 Hudson Street, New Jersey.
- 62km Road Project in Zambia, with the contract value of ZMW177 million.
- Dubai high-rise hotel project with the contract value equaling to US$94.82 million.
- 190km road project in the West Province of Zambia, with a contract value of USD 200 million.
- National Stadium Project in Ethiopia. The total contract price is USD$ 120 million.